FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Becky Collins
Tel: 612-331-2020 ext. 6188
Amano McGann Inc., Awarded City of Sacramento Parking Garage Upgrade Contract
January 11, 2016 – Minneapolis, MN and Sacramento, CA – Amano McGann Inc., the industry leader in parking automation and revenue control, was recently awarded the contract to upgrade the City of Sacramento’s five downtown parking facilities. The garages are being updated in part due to the construction of a new downtown arena that will be the home of the Sacramento Kings basketball team. With installations to begin in March and be completed by August 2016, Amano McGann is currently mobilizing for the modernization of the city’s parking facilities.
“The goal of the City’s parking division is to effectively manage the City’s parking supply, especially during a time of increased activity,” said Matt Eierman, City of Sacramento Parking Manager. “The new technology will enhance the parking experience for businesses, residents, and visitors.”
Amano McGann’s OPUSuite Cloud-Based Parking Management Platform solution will enable the City of Sacramento to achieve enhanced parking operation management through revenue and operational on-demand reporting. The new system will allow patrons to see where parking is available, pay in advance and enter and exit the garage with almost no delay – enhancing the patron’s overall experience when visiting these parking facilities.
- Enable customers to reserve spaces and pre-pay for parking with a goal of enhancing the parking experience through streamlined entry and exit
- Incorporate license plate recognition (LPR) technology to improve vehicle throughput speeds by allowing gates to open without the need for the parker to present an access card
- Notify parkers which garage level has parking available through an advanced wayfinding system
- Utilize enhanced Amano McGann customer and merchant self-service features to complete routine transactions such as purchasing monthly parking permits or obtaining merchant validations, eliminating the need to visit the customer service counter or call Parking Services
- Enhance customer service by utilizing networked intercoms with integrated cameras to facilitate patron assistance at entry, exit, and pay-on-foot stations
- Provide for payment flexibility through the adoption of a wide range of electronic payment methods, including Amano McGann’s web-based Frequent Parker Program, MiParc online account management system, as well as Parkmobile and other third-party solutions
- Make it easier for customers to find available parking by enabling third-party access to occupancy statistics for inclusion in wayfinding and parking location services
To learn more about this project visit: The Sacramento Bee: Sacramento Plans $5 Million-Plus in Upgrades to Downtown Garages
About Amano McGann
Amano McGann, Inc. is a member of the Amano Group a worldwide organization with annual revenues in excess of $900 million. As world leaders in the manufacturing and distribution of hardware and software solutions for the parking industry, Amano McGann distributes nationally through branch offices and an authorized dealer network and provides a level of service and experience unmatched in the industry. For more information about Amano McGann’s integrated solutions visit www.amanomcgann.com.